This week’s questions:
1) What reality TV star advised college students to “study hard, but party harder” during a 2011 campus appearance?
2) Today is the first day of 5774 on the Jewish calendar. What event is believed to have occurred on the first day of year 1 on that calendar?
3) When it comes to hybrid dogs, what breeds are crossed to create a Chiweenie? How about a Cock-A-Mo? Or a Scoodle?
4) Where id the idea for the first rubber swim fins originate?
5) What is the average age of a first-time grandparent in the U.S.?
This week’s answers:
1) Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, of Jersey Shore, in an appearance at New Jersey’s Rutgers University for which she was paid $32,000.
2) The creation of Adam and Eve on the sixth day of creation, which Jewish scholars in the Middle Ages determined took place on October 7, 3761 B.C.E.
3) Chiweenie is a cross between a Chihuahua and a Dachshund; a Cock-A-Mo, between an American Eskimo and a Cocker Spaniel; and a Scoodle, between a Poodle and a Scottish Terrier.
4) In Tahiti, where American yachtsman Owen Churchill saw natives attach woven palm fronds to their feet to propel them through the water when they were swimming and diving. Inspired, he patented and sold the first rubber swim fins in 1940
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”