This week’s questions:
1) It takes from three to six months for a fingernail to grow back completely. How about a toenail?
2) How many championship rings does the National Football League give the winning Super Bowl team to distribute to its players and other organization members?
3) Which state was the first to have a casino open on an Indian reservation?
4) Who coined the phrase skim milk?
5) With no eyeholes in Sesame Street‘s Big Bird costume, how does the performer inside see where he’s going?
This week’s answers:
1) From 12 to 18 months. The growth rate of both depends on a number of factors including age, sex, heredity, time of the year, diet, and exercise.
2) 150. If a team wants more, they have to pay for them.
3) Florida, in 1979, when the Seminole tribe opened a high-stakes bingo parlor on its land in Hollywood.
4) William Shakespeare, in Henry IV. The phrase is used in Part I, Act II, Scene iii, when Hotspur describes a nobleman’s character as nothing more than “a dish of skim milk.”
5) There’s a miniature TV monitor inside the costume that gives the puppeteer a third person’s view of Big Bird and his surroundings.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”