This week’s questions:
- Which two bodies of water are linked by Europe’s Kiel Canal?
- Which familiar features on the face of the Man in the Moon are created by the Sea of Showers and the Sea of Serenity on the lunar surface?
- What U.S. magazine has the largest circulation in the world?
- Who were the five celebrity cohosts on the daytime TV talk show The View when it first aired in 1997?
- What would you be served if you ordered pastillus botello fartum from a menu written in Latin?
This week’s answers:
- The North Sea and the Baltic. The busy 61-mile-long canal cuts across northern Germany, saving chips a long detour around Denmark’s Jutland Peninsula.
- The eyes. The Sea of Showers or Sea of Rains (Mare Imbrium, in Latin) is the left eye; the Sea of Serenity (Mare Serenitatis) is the right eye.
- AARP The Magazine
- Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Meredeith Viera, Star Jones, and Debbie Matenopoulos, with Walters and Behar initially alternating appearances.
- A hot dog, according to a modern lexicon published by the Vatican Latin Foundation.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”