DETROIT – The 2016 GMRENCEN Rockin’ on the Riverfront concert series, presented by Chevrolet, is back this summer for another year of classic rock on the Detroit riverfront. The series welcomes rockers of all ages to the riverfront plaza starting Friday, July 8, for six consecutive Friday nights of free music from 8-10 p.m.
This year’s rockin’ lineup includes:
· July 8 – Michael McDonald will find Sweet Freedom rockin’ in Detroit.
· July 15 – Don Felder of the Eagles wants you to have Visions in the Motor City.
· July 22 – Blue Oyster Cult is Burnin’ for You to join a feel-good evening on the river.
· July 29 – Grand Funk Railroad will be doing The Loco-Motion in the D.
· August 5 – Starship Built This City and wants to rock it.
· August 12 – Bret Michaels ain’t looking for Nothin’ but a Good Time.
About the GMRENCEN
One of Detroit’s most iconic skyscrapers, the GMRENCEN serves as the global headquarters for General Motors located along the international riverfront since 1977, the GMRENCEN reaches across 5.5 million square feet of prime real estate and is divided into seven towers of office, retail and lodging space. Welcoming more than 17,000 visitors and employees to the building each day, it provides an array of dining, shopping and meeting opportunities, including eateries like Andiamo Detroit Riverfront, Coach Insignia, Granite City Food & Brewery, and Joe Muer Seafood, as well as the 71-story Detroit Marriott hotel, a conference center and more. For more information, visit www.gmrencen.com. Connect with the GMRENCEN on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Trip Advisor.