This week’s questions:
- What aptly named birds build an enormous communal nest that can house as many as 400?
- Who provides the voiceover for Mayor Adam West on the animated TV sitcom Family Guy?
- Who appeared as George Washington–in an unbuttoned military waistcoast that exposed her bare midriff–on the cover of the very first issue of George magazine?
- When it comes to bowling slang, what is a puddle or a poodle?
- What famous organized crime figure, now deceased, owned a boat named Not Guilty?
This week’s answers:
- Sociable (or social) weaverbirds, native to South Africa, Botswana, and Namibia. Generally built in an acacia tree, a sociable weaver nest looks like a large haystack from the outside.
- Actor Adam West, who played Batman/Bruce Wayne in the original Batman TV series (1966-68).
- Supermodel cover girl Cindy Crawford, in October 1995. The magazine, a mix of politics and pop culture, was founded by John F. Kennedy Jr. It folded in 2001.
- A gutter ball.
- New York Mafia boss John Gotti, who was dubbed the Teflon Don after he repeatedly eluded conviction.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”