This year, Bookstock will feature five days of special sales:
- Monday Madness – Monday, May 16: The first 1,000 shoppers will receive spectacular giveaways and one lucky shopper will receive a $500 Visa gift card.
- Teacher Appreciation Day – Tuesday, May 17: Bookstock is celebrating teachers by giving 50% off to all teachers with a valid ID, from 3–9 p.m. At 5 p.m. the Bookstock B.E.S.T.* Awards, (Bookstock Extraordinary Student/School/Teacher)will be presented to fourth grade students from Detroit Public Schools who write the best essays entitled “My Favorite Book Character…and Why.” Awards will be presented by a WDIV personality, and cash prizes will be given to five students, their teachers and their schools.
- Bookbuster Special Days – Wednesday, May 18 and Thursday, May 19: Buy three books and get the fourth book *free (*least expensive item) from 3 – 9 p.m.
Spend $25 or more either night and be entered in a special drawing for one of the following:
- An ice skate signed by Olympic Gold Medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White,
- 4 tickets to a Tigers game,
- 4 seats and an on-field and behind-the-scenes experience with the new United Shore Professional Baseball League in Utica.
- Half Price Finale, Sunday, May 22: All remaining books and media will be sold for half price!
Marking 14 years of supporting the need to read, Bookstock has generated over $1.3 million for literacy and education projects throughout Oakland County and Detroit. More than 800 volunteers work together throughout the year to organize and staff the weeklong Bookstock sale.
Bookstock is brought to the community by the Jewish Community Relations Council, and a consortium of non-profit organizations that support education and literacy projects throughout metro Detroit. For more information about Bookstock, call the Bookstock hotline (248) 645-7840, ext. 365 or visit bookstock.mi.org. Laurel Park Place is located on 6 Mile Road east of I-275 in Livonia.