PLYMOUTH, Mich. — With over 300 vintage and classic automobiles and motorcycles coming from 31 states and countries, the Concours d’Elegance of America reaffirms its position as one of the most prestigious automotive events in the world. The show attracts 15,000 show day attendees and almost 3,000 special event attendees.
“Our 38th annual Concours promises to be one of our best ever,” said Larry Moss, Chairman of the Concours d’Elegance of America. “We’ve expanded our program over three days in order to attract a wider audience of automotive enthusiasts and first-time visitors. I encourage people who have never attended a concours event to make it a point to check us out.”
Barry Meguiar, best known as the host of Discovery’s Velocity series “Car Crazy”, will be honored as the 2016 Concours d’Elegance of America “Enthusiast of the Year.” The board members are recognizing Meguiar for his decades of automotive enthusiasm and his association with the classic car community throughout the U.S.
Meguiar commented, “I’m excited to be recognized by the Concours d’Elegance of America board and I look forward to renewing old friendships and making new ones in the car capital of the world.”
“The Patterson’s are among the most outstanding collectors in the country. Their cars have won awards at every major show they have shown at. The Patterson’s have been strong supporters of the Concours d’Elegance of America for many years. This year we’re pleased to honor Jim (father) and Jim (son) as our “Collector(s) of the Year,” said Moss.
“On behalf of the Patterson family, I want to thank the Concours d’Elegance of America for this recognition. This is truly a special honor and we look forward to celebrating with all our friends this coming July and sharing our passion with the General public attending the Concours.” stated Jim Patterson.
The Concours d’Elegance of America announced today their annual Seminar Series sponsored by Hagerty.
The Seminars will be held on Saturday, July 30, 2016 at the Inn at St. John’s and cover the following topics:
Pony and Muscle Car Valuation
8:30 am – 9:30 am
- Colin Comer, founder of Colin’s Classics Automobiles and noted author
- Ken Lingenfelter, owner of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering and the Lingenfelter Collection of over 150 cars
- Dave Kinney, ASA Accredited Senior Appraiser with an Automotive Specialties designation
- Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America
A Design Summit
10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Michael Simcoe, the new Global Design Chief for General Motors
- Moray Callum, Vice President, Design, Ford Motor Company
- Ralph Gilles, Head of Design, FCA Global
Design and Development of the Ford GT
11:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Moderator: Chris Theodore, retired Vice President of Ford Product Development
- Bill Clarke, Manager of Body
- Curt Hill, Manager of Powertrain, Chassis Design and Program Development
- Special Guests: David and Andrea Robertson (of the Robertson Racing Team) sharing their independent effort to take the GT to LeMans with great success. Their race cars will be on display at the Concours d’Elegance of America, Sunday, July 31, 2016.
The Inn at St. John’s: 44045 Five Mile Road, Plymouth MI 48170
About Concours d’Elegance of America
The Concours d’Elegance of America is dedicated to the preservation and historical relevance of prestigious automobiles. Through our yearly exhibition of automotive design, craftsmanship and history, we strive to provide the community at large with a visual, artistic and educational perspective of the classic world of automobiles.
Follow us at: #ConcoursUSA2016