Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR. Look for five new questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- Selma, the film depicting one of Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic civil rights campaigns, picked up one award at the Oscars in 2015. What was it?
- What do the deaths of Elvis Presley, Lenny Bruce, and Orville Redenbacher have in common?
- What common object’s now-standard size is based on the amount of air the typical glassblower’s lungs could hold?
- These words all share something in common: abhors, accent, access, almost, beefily, biopsy, bijoux, billow, billowy, chintz, effort, and ghostly. What is it?
- “Peppermint Patty” is the nickname of the tomboyish Peanuts character. What’s her full name?
This week’s answers:
- Best Original Song, for “Glory,” by Common and John Legend. The film was also nominated for Best Picture.
- They all died in the bathroom.
- The wine bottle, which measures 750 milliliters.
- All of their letters are in alphabetical order.
- Patricia Reichardt. She first appeared in the Charles Schulz comic in 1966.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”