DETROIT — The Detroit Boat Show cruises into Cobo Center February 11-19 for the premier showcase of everything boating. But this show isn’t just all about the boats – join more than 60,000 boaters expected to attend for a full day of fun with promotions, giveaways and more!
Show goers will be impressed with the premier showing of hundreds of boats under one roof with sleek yachts, runabouts, personal watercrafts, pontoons, fishing, ski boats, inflatables and more! Dozens of new models introductions will be unveiled to the Detroit market. Also featured will be the latest services, accessories, engines, trailers, electronics, fishing gear, marinas and more.
The History of Boats and Bathing Suits – Walk back in time with an educational and entertaining exhibit featuring antique boats and swimwear dating back to the 1700s to modern day. Gar Wood, Chris Craft and Century boats from as far back as the 1920s will be on display. The transformation of swimwear from the 1700s through modern design will astound all ages.
Personal Watercraft Simulator – Feel the wind in your hair and imagine the sound of the waves as you crash over them in this simulator designed to make you feel like you’re really on the water. The PWC Simulator from the Ohio DNR features a real jet-powered watercraft for a virtual but realistic adventure.
Mac & the Big Cheese – This comedy cooking duo will headline the boat show seminar series with tips and tricks for cooking on your boat. Said to be the Abbott and Costello of comedy cooking – you don’t want to miss this. Show times are: February 17 at 5pm and 7pm; February 18 at 1pm and 6pm and February 19 at Noon and 2:30pm. Check out other seminars to “learn from the pros” on the Highlights page at detroitboatshow.net
Kids Zone – Rock and roll in Water Rollerz, face painting, crafts to take home, spin the wheel of treasure and win great prizes – just a sample of the fun available for kids at the boat show!
Photo Ops and Fun – Anamorphic Chalk Art, Pirate Village, a REAL mermaid and more – these are just some of the opportunities where you can stop and snap a pic with friends and family for some fun. Take home as a souvenir and post on social media to impress your friends!
Contests and Giveaways – Enter to win $15,000, a rendezvous party package, your own mermaid tail blanket and more! Stop by the Information Booth near the entrance for a coveted 2017 Detroit Boat Show giveaway shirt (limited quantities available).
- Enter to Win $15,000 to Spend at the Show – Hold on to your ticket stub and enter to win $15,000! No purchase necessary to enter. One entry per person. Winner will be notified via email. If no reply is received within 7 days, an alternative winner will be chosen.
- T-Shirt Givewaway – The 2017 Free T-shirt will be revealed shortly! Stop by the information booth and post that you’re at the #detroitboatshow on social media to receive your free shirt! Limited quantities available.
- Win Your own Mermaid Tail – Take a picture with the Mermaid on the weekends of the show and post to social media with the hashtag #DBSMermaid to enter to win a Mermaid Tail Blanket.
- Rendezvous Weekend – Bring the largest Rendezvous to the boat show to win a free prize package for your group worth $250! Stop by the Information Booth near the show entrance to enter – entire group must be present and show staff will take a group photo for entry.
Broadcast Center – Meet the street teams from WCSX, WRIF, WXYT and WDTW who will host live remotes, fun games and bring great prizes.
The 59th annual Detroit Boat Show is February 11-19 at Cobo Center in Detroit. Admission to the boat show is $13 for adults; children 12 and under are free with an adult, and seniors 65 and older receive free admission on Monday. Tickets, other special admission days and hotel accommodations provided by the Courtyard Detroit Downtown are available at Detroitboatshow.net.
Special Admission Days
- Mon., February 13: Senior Day – seniors 65 and older receive free admission during show hours (3-9 p.m.)
- Tues., February 14: Ladies Day – Ladies get in free for Valentine’s Day.
- Wed., February 15: A Boat Load of Food – Bring in 5 cans of food for Gleaners Food Bank between 3 & 6 p.m. to get in free
- Thurs., February 16: Millennials Night Out – Millennials 30 and under receive free admission show hours (3 – 9p.m.)
HOURS: Saturdays: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Sundays: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.; and Monday through Friday: 3 p.m. – 9 p.m. Parking is available at Cobo Center and surrounding lots. The Detroit Boat Show is sponsored by Great Lakes Scuttlebutt, Official Magazine of the Detroit Boat Show and the Courtyard Detroit Downtown, Official Hotel of the Detroit Boat Show.
FOR MORE INFORMATION visit Detroitboatshow.net, or call 1.800.932.2628.