Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR. Look for five new questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar from Page-A-Day.
This week’s questions:
- Name the three women actors Tom Cruise has been married to.
- What is pogonophobia?
- Name the lizard who was one of the original characters in the Pokemon universe and whose tail ends in a flame that, the bigger it burns, the stronger he is.
- In advance of a visit from the pope, Filipino first lady Imelda Marcos commissioned a new palace built primarily of what material, which also gave the palace its name?
- Who gave the Republican party its name, in an 1854 newspaper column?
This week’s answers:
- Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, and Katie Holmes.
- Fear of beards.
- Charmander. His name is said to be a combination of the words “char” and “salamander.”
- Coconuts. Much of Manila’s Coconut Palace was built with material derived from coconut palm trees.
- Horace Greeley.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”