DETROIT — Comedy Central is taking a cue from Plato, who once said, “He’s a wise man who invented beer.” They haven’t invented a new brew, but they have created a hot new 10-episode series, called ‘Detroiters’ set and filmed right here in the Motor City.
And, to celebrate, they want to buy you a cold one tomorrow night at select metro Detroit bars during its season premiere Tuesday, February 7 at 10:30 p.m. (ET).
‘Detroiters’ stars Detroit-native, Sam Richardson (of HBO’s ‘Veep’) and Clarkston’s own Tim Robinson as a couple of young ad agency entrepreneurs with a knack for hijinks as they try to hit it big.
Viewers will recognize local personalities in upcoming episodes and inside references to high profile politicians in addition to spotting famous Detroit landmarks, which is always fun.
Here’s where to go to join the ‘Detroiters’ Free Happy Hour and. . . Cheers!
- Anchor Bar, 450 W Fort St., Detroit
- Bronx Bar, 4476 2nd Ave., Detroit,
- Bumbos Bar, 3001 Holbrook St., Hamtramck
- Checker Bar & Grill, 124 Cadillac Sq., Detroit
- Donovans Pub, 3003 W Vernor Hwy, Detroit
- El Club, 4114 W Vernor Hwy., Detroit
- Garden Bowl, 4138 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Green Dot Stables, 2200 W Lafayette Blvd., Detroit
- Harry’s Detroit, 2482 Clifford St., Detroit
- Honest Johns, 488 Selden St., Detroit
- Jumbos Bar, 3736 3rd St., Detroit
- Kelly’s Bar, 2403 Holbrook St., Hamtramck
- Marble Bar, 1501 Holden St., Detroit
- Nancy Whiskey, 2644 Harrison St., Detroit
- Nemo’s Bar, 1384 Michigan Ave., Detroit
- Northern Lights Lounge, 660 W Baltimore St., Detroit
- Old Miami Bar, 3930 Cass Ave., Detroit
- Painted Lady, 2930 Jacob St., Hamtramck
- PJ’s Lager House, 1254 Michigan Ave., Detroit
- Punch Bowl Social, 1331 Broadway St., Detroit
- Queens Bar, 35 Grand River Ave., Detroit
- The Baltimore, 1234 Randolph St., Detroit
- The Old Shillelagh, 349 Monroe St., Detroit
Ye Olde Tap Room, 14915 Charlevoix St., Detroit