Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR. Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- What Japanese video game series is named after a John Lennon song?
- What actress was nominated for her first Oscar at age 84, for her role in the film Nebraska?
- What annual celebration features the Samba Parade, full of colorful, sequined costumes and feathered headdresses?
- What constitutes the athletic feat known as the Serena Slam?
- According to newspapers, if someone is shot one day and dies the next day, on which day was he technically killed?
This week’s answers:
- Mother, released as EarthBound in the United States.
- June Squibb. Though she had acted for decades, most of her career was spent playing small supporting roles.
- Rio Carnival, now underway in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Named after top tennis player Serena Williams, a Serena Slam means winning four major tournaments in a row.
- The day of the attack.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”