Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- What jazz singer released an album called High Priestess of Soul?
- What president is particularly admired among beer lovers for having signed into law a bill that legalized home brewing?
- What well-known US jeweler produces the trophy for tennis’ US Open?
- A 2011 article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune erroneously proclaimed that there was a new 13th sign added to the zodiac causing much controversy in the process. What was the name of the supposedly new constellation?
- What comedic actor is the son of not one, but two rocket scientists?
This week’s answers:
- Nina Simone. The phrase also became a nickname for the singer.
- Jimmy Carter. After its adoption in 1978, H.R. 1337 set the stage for a home-brewing revolution.
- Tiffany & Co. The company has also made trophies for NASCAR, the Indy 500, and the NFL, among others.
- Ophiuchus. It turned out the article was referring to an alternative zodiac that is rarely used in the Western world.
- Jack Black, star of School of Rock, among other films.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”