DETROIT – The Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA) will examine the latest trends, strategies and direction in terms of lightweighting programs including raw materials, recyclability, manufacturing and body design at its Second Automotive Lightweighting Summit. The event will take place Monday, September 25, 2017 at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Detroit Branch.
Achieving weight savings has become a top priority for vehicle manufacturers and parts and material suppliers in order to meet aggressive fuel economy goals. The Summit will feature industry executives representing vehicle manufacturers, parts suppliers, distributors and raw material mills.
- Laura Anderson, President and CEO, Aluminum Blanking Company, Inc.
- Gary Gallo, Senior Manager, Automotive/OEM Recycling, Novelis
- Paul Herbach, Director of Automotive Technology, Olympic Steel
- Shawn Morgans, Global Vehicle Architecture Mgr., Product Development Center, Ford Motor Company
- Rob Peckham, Technical Integration Engineer (TIE), Mass Strategy & Tools, General Motors
- Brad Tolley, Senior Vice President, Business Development & Technology, Shiloh Industries
- Dr. Blake Zuidema, Director, Product Applications, ArcelorMittal
In addition to hearing from lightweighting experts, Ford (Expedition and F-150) and General Motors (Chevrolet Traverse, Equinox and Bolt ) will be showcasing new 2018 vehicles in front of the Federal Reserve.
For more information and to register, go to www.SAAauto.com.
The 2016 event was one of the highest rated events in SAA history and this year’s summit should be even better. Hear industry experts talk about the latest strategies and direction in terms of lightweighting programs including raw materials, recyclability, manufacturing and body design.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear about the innovative and strategic ways OEMs, mills and suppliers are approaching weight savings.