Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR…Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- What do the letters in H&M, the fashion retail chain, stand for?
- In 2013, what happened to the message that appears before movie trailers–the one where the text “The following preview has been approved for …” is shown on a giant screen?
- What European nation was the last to legalize divorce?
- Name the journalist who was part of the team to report on the Edward Snowden/National Security Agency spying revelations and who went on to direct a documentary film about the scandal.
- If someone goes into outer space, he or she may come back taller than when he or she left. Why is this?
This week’s answers:
- Hennes & Mauritz.
- It was redesigned, and the typeface changed. It now uses the font Gotham.
- Malta. Divorce did not become legal there until 2011.
- Laura Poitras. She won an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature for her work on Citizenfour.
- Without Earth’s gravity, the cartilage in the spine is given room to expand.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”