Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR…Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- Americans began making their own playing cards in the 1800s. What card did they borrow from the Europeans?
- What body organ secretes about a quart of bile every day?
- What TV show, now considered a 1970s classic, wasn’t all that popular in its time, peaking at just 34 in the Nielsen ratings?
- In the Lord of the Rings movies, who says the line, “One does not simply walk into Mordor”?
- What prank got radio hosts Opie and Anthony fired from Boston’s WAAF in 1998?
This week’s answers:
- The Joker. It was the high card in the game of Euchre, which was also known as “Juker,” and “Juker” evolved into “Joker.”
- The liver. This substance is essential for digestion.
- The Brady Bunch. It gained popularity over the years in syndication.
- Boromir. The line comes from the first film, The Fellowship of the Ring, but has taken on a life of its own.
- On April Fool’s Day, they announced that the then-mayor of Boston, Tom Menino, had been killed in a car crash.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”