Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR…Look for five new trivia questions from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- What helpful function do earthworms serve in gardens?
- What country’s king sponsored Ferdinand Magellan’s journey around the world?
- What product does Essie Weingarten’s company specialize in?
- In “The Raven,” the narrative poem by Edgar Allan Poe, a raven repeats the word nevermore. What kind of animal was Poe originally going to have do the honors?
- Rather than dying, this species, found in the ocean near Shirahama, Japan, rejuvenates. Therefore it was considered immortal. What is it?
This week’s answers:
- They leave behind castings that are rich in nutrients.
- Spain. Magellan was Portuguese by birth, so this sponsorship by King Charles I greatly angered Portugal’s King Manuel I.
- Nail polish. Her business, Essie, is worth millions.
- A parrot. Poe eventually reconsidered, deciding that a raven was a better fit tonally.
- The scarlet jellyfish. Scientists have succeeded in watching one specimen rejuvenate an incredible 12 times in a lab, and they are hoping that continued study will lead to insights that can be applied to humans.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”