Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR…Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- In the novel Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, what is the main character Amy Dunne’s alter ego in the series of books the character’s parents wrote?
- What was the purpose of the 21st Amendment?
- What was the name of the detective in Dashiell Hammett’s The Maltese Falcon?
- In 2013, NBC aired a live telecast of what musical, starring Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer?
- Death Valley holds the record for the world’s hottest temperature, set in 1913, after a different record, made where, was invalidated?
This week’s answers:
- Amazing Amy.
- It repealed the 18th Amendment, which banned the “manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors” in the United States.
- Sam Spade. He also appeared in several other Hammett stories.
- The Sound of Music. Some 22 million viewers tuned in.
- Libya. In 2012, a 1922 record for a 136.4-degree day was found to be erroneous, so the record went to Death Valley’s 134-degree day.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”