Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR…Look for five new trivia questions from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- What celebrity marketed fragrances called Passion, White Diamonds, and Black Pearls, among others?
- What were the names of the agents who worked for Fearless Leader on The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show?
- What 1974 debut novel initially earned its author a $2,500 advance and sold only 13,000 copies in hardcover?
- What song did VH1 rank as the top one-hit wonder of the 1980s?
- What restaurant chain was founded by New York perfume salesman Alan Stillman in the 1960s as one of the original “fern bars” and a place to meet members of the opposite sex?
This week’s answers:
- Elizabeth Taylor. White Diamonds remains one of the top-selling celebrity fragrances in history.
- Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale.
- Carrie, by Stephen King. The novel didn’t it it big until the came out in paperback and mass-market paperback editions.
- “Come on Eileen,” by Dexys Midnight Runners.
- T.G.I. Friday’s. Stillman sold the chain in the 1970s, but later founded another popular restaurant, Smith & Wollensky.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”