Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- In the 2010 film The Social Network, Armie Hammer played the Winklevoss twins. The scenes were shot with a body double, and Hammer’s face was later digitally grafted onto the double’s body. Who played the double?
- Name the three women who were in the original cast of Saturday Night Live.
- According to a 1965 contract for a concert at California’s Cow Palace that was recently unearthed, this overseas musical act refused to play in front of segregated audiences in the States. Who were they?
- What American art form was first practiced by sailors, and involves etching into ivory or bone?
- What Macedonian king conquered the Persian Empire?
This week’s answers:
- Actor Josh Pence, who has a cameo elsewhere in the film.
- Jane Curtin, Laraine Newman, and Gilda Radner.
- The Beatles. This was the band’s way of making a stand for civil rights.
- Scrimshaw. On whaling ships, sailors etched images such as sea scenes into whale bones and teeth.
- Alexander the Great. He is considered one of history’s great military geniuses.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”