DETROIT — The Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA) will hold its 31st Annual Automotive Industry Outlook Conference on January 14, 2018 at the GEM Theatre in Detroit.
The Conference attracts compelling speakers and prepares attendees for the year ahead and beyond. SAA has partnered with the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) to offer all Outlook attendees exclusive and complimentary admission to the popular Automobili-D event happening at Cobo Center after the Outlook Conference.
The SAA has put together a strong panel of economists and analysts who will provide expert insight on what challenges and opportunities the Auto Industry will be facing in the future. Panelists include:
- Emily Kolinski Morris, Chief Economist, Ford Motor Company: Morris will focus on the state of the overall economy and review 2017 and what she considers one of the major surprises of the year.
- Kevin Riddell, Senior Manager, LMC Automotive: Riddell will examine the outlook for Electrification; Is it hype, substance or somewhere in-between?
- Mark Fulthorpe, Director, LV Production Forecast, IHS Markit: Fulthorpe will cover global production trends with a look at OEM and platform strategy in response to the challenges of the rapidly changing environment.
- James Albertine, Senior Analyst-Automotive, Consumer Edge Research, LLC: Albertine will provide an outlook for U.S. vehicle demand, auto credit, vehicle life cycles and the future of autonomous driving.
- The keynote speaker will be Chris Thomas, Partner and Founder of Fontinalis. Thomas is an engaging speaker who will address emerging automotive technologies and their impact on the industry.
The Conference, which is sponsored by Ducker Worldwide, begins with a networking brunch at 10:45 a.m. with speakers beginning at 11:45 a.m. Shuttles to Automobili-D at Cobo Center will depart the Gem Theater at 2:45 p.m. Attendees will also receive a special pass that provides them access to the NAIAS show floor on Wednesday, Jan.17, 2018.
For more details on the Outlook Conference and to register, go to www.SAAauto.com.
The SAA’s mission is to provide members timely access to automotive insights from a wide range of perspectives. The SAA aims to provide automotive professionals exclusive access to industry leaders, early insights and outstanding networking opportunities. SAA members include every automotive industry professional interested in timely and useful auto industry data, discussion and dissemination of ideas, concepts and solutions. For more information on the SAA, go to www.saaauto.com.