Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR…Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What historical figure called England a “nation of shopkeepers”?
- The US government recommends that what pet be at least four inches long, to decrease the risk of salmonella?
- When he married then-Princess Elizabeth, Prince Philip joined the British royal family. What royal families was he already a part of?
- What four groups are the instruments in an orchestra divided into?
- What part of the human body releases melatonin?
This Week’s Answers:
- Napoleon, who used the phrase to imply that the country was not prepared to go to war.
- Turtles. Reptiles carry the bacteria, and it can easily spread to people.
- The Greek and Danish royal families, though Philip’s family was banished from Greece when he was young.
- Brass, woodwind, percussion, and strings.
- The pineal gland. This hormone lets the body know when it needs to sleep.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day” calendar