Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What 1996 Supreme Court case overturned a Colorado state constitutional amendment that would have made it legal to discriminate against gay, lesbian, and bisexual people?
- How many dimples, or indentations, are there on a regulation golf ball?
- What do seismologists study?
- What series of dance music compilations from record label Tommy Boy sold millions of copies between 1995 and 2001?
- What city’s stadium was renamed “O.co Coliseum” in 2011?
This Week’s Answers:
- Romer v. Evans. The court ruled that this violated the 14th Amendment’s equal protection clause.
- Earthquakes–and the seismic waves that create them.
- Jock Jams. Featured hits included “Whoomp! (There It Is)” and “Hip Hop Hooray.”
- Oakland, California. It is the home of baseball’s Oakland Athletics, and the O.co name was sponsored by Overstock.com
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”