The AmericaJR Web Team recently visited the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory on Detroit’s Belle Isle. It is an exotic and rare collection of plants from around the world. It is the oldest continually-running conservatory in the United States and is divided into five distinct sections: Palm House, the Tropical House, the Cactus House, a sunken Fernery, and the Show House. The Conservatory occupies a 13-acre parcel of land shared by the formal gardens and the Lily Pond. On the grounds is the Levi Barbour Memorial Fountain designed by Marshall Fredericks, a Japanese Tohro donated to Detroit in 1985 by the city of Toyota, Japan, and the Peacock Sundial erected in 1927.