Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What trophy was originally known as the Dominion Hockey Challenge Cup?
- What unlikely group of celebrities purportedly banded together and fled New York in a rental car after the terrorist attacks of 9/11?
- What composer was romantically linked to novelist George Sand?
- What is the word for when fans dress up as characters from movies or stories they like at conventions and other gatherings?
- Kraftwerk, a German band, released one of the longest songs ever in 1974. What was it called?
This Week’s Answers:
- The Stanley Cup. The top prize in hockey was first awarded in 1893.
- Urban myth says Michael Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor, and Marlon Brando made it all the way to Ohio.
- Frederic Chopin. He disliked her initally, but eventually they fell in love.
- Cosplay. It’s a portmanteau of “costume” and “play.”
- “Autobahn.” The LP version is 22 minutes long.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”