Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- In all of 2014, police in what country only fired their guns a total of two times?
- Who was the youngest ever Oscar winner?
- What strange spelling of the word fish dates back to the 19th century?
- Where was Ebbetts Field?
- What type of helpful nutrient do purple vegetables–like purple potatoes or purple kale–commonly contain?
This Week’s Answers:
- Norway. Neither shot injured in its target.
- Tatum O’Neal, who won at age 10 for her role in 1973’s Paper Moon.
- Ghoti. The idea was to use the gh sound from “enough,” the o sound from “women” and the ti sound from “action.”
- Brooklyn, New York. It was the home of the Dodgers baseball team before they left the East Coast, and was demolished in 1960.
- Anthocyanins. Scientists believe they have various disease-minimizing properties.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”