Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday… Look for five new trivia questions from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What country does soccer superstar Marta hail from?
- There’s no exact English translation for which Danish word and concept that combines coziness, warmth, intimacy, and quality time?
- What virtual band once performed at the Grammys, as holograms, with Madonna?
- Since they can take the color of any other gem, what gem was considered by the ancient Romans to be the most precious of all?
- What animals did Thomas Jefferson instruct Lewis and Clark to look for on their expedition, even though they had long been gone from North America?
This Week’s Answers:
- Brazil. She is a five-time FIFA Player of the Year.
- Hygge. It is said to help people in Denmark survive long, cold winters.
- Gorillaz, in 2006.
- Opals. Their Roman name, opalus, meant “precious stone.”
- Wooly mammoths. At the time, extinction was not commonly understood or accepted.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”