Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What is the name for the parchment on which verses of the Torah are printed that is hung at a slant on a doorpost to mark a Jewish household?
- The Charlotte, North Carolina-based Sealed Air Corp. is best known for one product, which it has produced since 1960. What is it?
- In 2010, the New York Times reported that the amount of time spent on what computer program “made it a running joke in the Pentagon and in Iraq and Afghanistan”?
- Caterpillars have three pairs of true legs and an extra pair that disappears during metamorphosis. What is the extra pair of legs called?
- What was the first physical item ever purchased online?
This Week’s Answers:
- A mezuzah.
- Bubble Wrap.
- PowerPoint. Top military brass worried that they were wasting too much time–and oversimplifying complicated issues–by making and reviewing slides and presentations.
- Prolegs. They are larger than the true legs, and are used for walking and attachment.
- A Pizza Hut large pizza, with pepperoni, mushrooms, and extra cheese.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”