Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- The logo of the Humane Society of the United States is made up of animal silhouettes that together form the shape of the US mainland. What animal stands in for Florida?
- Schindler’s Miconic 10 was installed at New York’s Marriott Marquis hotel in 2006. What is it?
- In what European nation was Skype founded?
- When Englishmen Thomas Austin arrived in Australia, the country had no rabbits. He brought over 24 of them in 1859. By the 1940s, what was the estimated rabbit population of the country?
- In California, where water is frequently in short supply, calls have been made to ban what nut, each one of which supposedly requires a gallon of water to produce?
This Week’s Answers:
- A dolphin.
- A “smart elevator.” Rather than pressing a button for the floor they want, passengers enter their floors on a keypad and are assigned an elevator.
- Estonia. The country is sometimes referred to as Europe’s answer to Silicon Valley.
- 1 billion. This is where the phrase “breeding like rabbits” is said to have originated.
- Almonds. Estimates say that California grows more than half of the world’s supply.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”