Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What world-famous government building contained a rifle range in its basement for many years?
- Whose enemy was Snidely Whiplash?
- In 2013, Turkey ended a long-running ban on several alphabet letters, including Q, W, and X. Why were they banned in the first place?
- Who wrote the poem with the line “I’m a woman Phenomenally”?
- How many time zones does China have?
This Week’s Answers:
- The Palace of Westminster, home of the British Parliament. Created during World War I, it finally closed in 2015.
- Dudley Do-Right, the Canadian Mountie. Both, of course, are cartoon characters commonly seen on The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle.
- Because of their association with the Kurdish language, which was taboo in the country for many years.
- Maya Angelou. The line appears in “Phenomenal Woman,” one of her most celebrated poems.
- Just one: Beijing Standard Time. It used to have five time zones, but Communist Party leadership decided to use a single zone in 1949, and it’s been that way ever since.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”