Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR…Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- Who is the founder of the Sundance Film Festival?
- What type of pen did László József Bíró help perfect in the 1930s and 1940s?
- Name the Japanese TV show that inspired American Ninja Warrior; where competitors participate in an elaborate athletic obstacle course.
- In one of the world’s most remote spots, there’s a vault that stores seeds for over 860,000 crops for the purpose of preserving crop diversity. Where is it?
- What is the name of the organization that oversees emojis?
This Week’s Answers:
- Robert Redford. The annual showcase for independent films takes place in Park City, Utah.
- The ballpoint pen. After observing that newspaper ink dried more quickly than other types of ink, he wanted to develop a pen that used that type of ink.
- Sasuke, which premiered in Japan in 1997.
- Svalbard, Norway. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has provided some of the funding for the project.
- The Unicode Consortium. The nonprofit group was established in 1991 to standardize the character sets displayed on computers.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”