Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What was the last non-NHL team to win the Stanley Cup?
- What prominent person other than Abraham Lincoln was born on this day (02/12) in 1809?
- Name the former Saturday Night Live cast member who used to play keyboards and sing backup vocals in a band called the Rentals.
- One of Tinder’s cofounders, Whitney Wolfe, left the dating app to start her own competing app called what?
- The Eunotosaurus may have looked like a lizard, but it was actually one of the earliest known examples of what other reptile?
This Week’s Answers:
- The Victoria Cougars. They won it in 1925.
- Charles Darwin. Darwin was born at his family’s home in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England, whereas Lincoln was born, famously, in a log cabin in Kentucky.
- Maya Rudolph. Though she gave up rock for comedy and acting, Rudolph managed to incorporate music into many of her gigs.
- Bumble. In contrast to other dating apps and services, women must make the first move on Bumble.
- The turtle. Fossils of the animal were discovered in South Africa in 1892.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”