Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- Who ruled Paraguay from 1954 to 1989?
- In what stadium does UCLA play its home football games?
- In what field is the description “cat-pee aroma” considered a compliment?
- What does the E in Chuck E. Cheese stand for?
- Name the contemporary Irish author whose novels include Room, Frog Music, and The Wonder.
This Week’s Answers:
- Alfredo Stroessner. After being overthrown, the dictator escaped to Brazil, where he died in 2003.
- The Rose Bowl. The Pasadena stadium opened in 1922, but the Bruins have only called it home since 1982.
- Wine. The San Francisco Chronicle describes the scent as “a pungently ‘perfumed’ mix of herbs, asparagus, green bean and bell pepper.”
- Entertainment. The chain has been around since 1977.
- Emma Donoghue. When Room was adapted into a movie, Donoghue herself wrote the screenplay.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”