Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What was the name of the ancient Egyptian god who was said to protect the dead?
- In Roald Dahl’s book The BFG, what is the name of the giant’s favorite drink?
- Who invented the Miracle Mop?
- In what Middle Eastern city can you visit the Corniche, the Maghen Abraham synagogue, the Cilica Museum, Al-Omari Mosque, the Place des Martyrs, and Saint George Greek Orthodox Cathedral, among other sties.
- What type of dance, featured in the documentary Paris is Burning, is also a big part of a Madonna song?
This Week’s Answers:
- Anubis. He came to be associated with embalming, the process used to make mummies, and other funeral rites.
- Frobscottle. It’s a green, fizzy drink with bubbles that go down instead of up, which tends to cause Qhizzpoppers (known in the real world as farts).
- Joy Mangano. The movie Joy, starring Jennifer Lawrence, tells the story of her rise to success.
- Beirut. It is capital of the Lebanon, as well as the country’s largest city, and is located on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Voguing. The film focused on New York’s ballroom subculture, and Madonna hired dancers from that community to bring the dance to the mainstream.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”