Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What college’s mascot is a Billiken?
- What video game franchise is Satoshi Tajiri created with creating?
- What flower was once used as a cure for the bubonic plague?
- On the Barbra Streisand album Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway, the singer performs Broadway hits with films stars. With what two actresses does she sing “At the Ballet,” from A Chorus Line?
- What 19th-century Hungarian pianist is considered one of the world’s first rock stars?
This Week’s Answers:
- Saint Louis University. A Billiken is a mythical chubby creature, similar to Cupid, who is supposed to bring good luck.
- Pokemon. The game is said to have been inspired by Tajiri’s childhood hobby of collecting bugs.
- Angelica. Its name is derived from “angel.” A monk is said to have dreamed that an angel came to him and recommended treating the plague with it.
- Anne Hathaway and Daisy Ridley. Streisand sings the part of Sheila, Hathaway sings as Maggie, and Ridley sings Bebe’s part.
- Franz Liszt. Lisztomania, a word coined at the time by a German poet to describe Liszt’s effect on female fans, predated Beatlemania by about a hundred years.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”