Las Vegas – The National Hardware Show® (NHS), where home improvement experts, builders, remodelers and other industry leaders and professionals can experience everything home improvement all in one place, is officially one week away! From May 7-9, the industry will gather at the Las Vegas Convention Center to get a glimpse of innovative new products, take advantage of stellar buying opportunities, celebrate home improvement leaders and learn best from industry all-stars. The Show will feature brand new interactive experiences, featured areas and product displays as well as 40+ conference sessions, 35+ speakers, and more!
“We couldn’t be more excited to kick off the 2019 National Hardware Show in just a few days,” said Rich Russo, Industry Vice President for the National Hardware Show. “From all-star manufacturers and keynote speakers to new interactive experiences, Show Floor areas and displays, the 2019 National Hardware Show truly has it all!”
Key Speakers and Events
This year’s Show schedule boasts a variety of educational sessions and keynotes from all-star manufacturers, as well as a number of awards ceremonies and special events including:
- NRHA All-Industry Conference:The NRHA All-Industry Conference is a series of educational seminars, networking opportunities and awards programs that will be held in conjunction with NHS. John Hartmann, President and CEO, True Value Co. will kick off the conference with a keynote entitled “Unlocking True Value” directly following the NHS opening ceremony on the NRHA Stage on Tuesday, May 7. Hartmann’s address will highlight how returning the majority of its members’ equity has offered retailers the opportunity to invest in their business as they know best and how a new company structure has enabled True Value to accelerate strategic investments without cutting into retailers’ profits.
- CCCME Opening Ceremony: Come hear from China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Machinery and Electronic Products (CCME) representatives about the opportunities to source from China. The opening ceremony takes place on Tuesday, May 7 at 10:00 a.m. in booth #849.
- Annual Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ Party: The annual Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ party isa unique and exciting way for home improvement retailers to source new products to attract consumers into their stores. Located in the Las Vegas Convention Center’s silver parking lot, the party will take place on Wednesday, May 8th from 4:30-6:30 p.m. All badged National Hardware Show participants are invited to attend and enjoy free food, drinks, music and much more!
- NRHA’s Top Guns Awards: Each year, NRHA honors some of the industry’s top performers. Find out how these retailers are innovating in their businesses, giving back to their communities and pushing the industry forward to continually rise to the top. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, May 8 at 1:00 p.m. on the NRHA Village Stage located in the Central Lobby.
- American Manufacturing Awards: Sponsored by Made in USA Brand, the American Manufacturing Awards, features the best products that reflect American manufacturing excellence in design, quality and innovation. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, May 8 at 4:15 p.m. on the NRHA Village Stage located in the Central Lobby.
New Experiences, Destinations and Sections
With more than 2,700 exhibitors, both nationally recognized brand names and emerging companies, there is no shortage of must-see companies and products to explore. Below is just a sampling of the new experiences, destinations and sections that await NHS attendees next week!
- Media Hub:During the Show, please stop by the NHS Media Hub located in the Central Hall (booth #2636) to check out some of the hottest products from the Show floor firsthand, special broadcasts and more!
- Tuesday, May 7
- 2019 NHS Satellite Media Tour with Kelly Edwards, Design Expert
- 12:30-4:00 p.m.: Exhibitor Product Demonstrations – Check out some of the hottest products from the Show floor from companies including New Market Apparel, Sencentric Inc., WASP Manufacturing, Plott, and more.
- Wednesday, May 8
- 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.: Broadcast with The Money Pit
- 1:00-4:00 p.m.: Broadcast with On The House with The Carey Brothers
- Tuesday, May 7
- Tiny Living @ NHS:Designed specifically for professionals in the small living, modular and manufactured housing industries, Tiny Living @ NHS will allow attendees to discover companies that specialize in products and services for this growing segment of the industry. Those companies – which will be situated within the current NHS Show Floor product categories – will focus on tiny living needs and trends. In addition to new brands on the NHS Show Floor, Tiny Living @ NHS will feature the Small Build & Construction Technology Conference, a two-day conference to help further educate industry professionals on the trends and movements of this emerging space. This conference is free and open to all NHS attendees and exhibitors.
- The Backyard Marketplace:Located in the Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ section of the Show, the Backyard Marketplace will be a must-see destination to relax and reenergize, while celebrating favorite and beloved outdoor living brands. This area will be equipped with shade, a hydration station, food, music, entertainment and featured brands with products that are leaders and trending in the outdoor lifestyle category.
- Impulse Aisle:This newly designated Show Floor area will shine a spotlight on those products that aim to meet customers’ needs as they head to the checkout line. The products showcased in Impulse Aisle will range from novelty items that are both eye-catching and tempting, to items that consumers might have neglected or forgot to grab before completing their purchase.
- Retail Service Solutions:The Retail Service Solutions area is the perfect place to find products that allow store owners to take their operation to the next level by creating unique and visual merchandising, managing and improving the functionality of their retail stores, and creating a great buying experience for their customers.
The featured displays will showcase the latest industry products and trends from exhibitors across various categories. As the industry’s most expansive Show, these displays are the ideal first stop for any buyer or attendee.
- Interactive Smart Home:The brand-new Interactive Smart Home at NHS will give attendees a chance to gain hands-on experience with some of the most-talked about products in the Smart Home category. As they walk through the structured house in Central Hall, attendees will learn more about the featured products through dedicated visuals and demonstrations, creating a realistic and interactive experience in the environment the products were designed for.
- Made in USA: Attendees celebrate Made in USA exhibitors and the latest products & trends that are primarily manufactured in the USA in this dedicated product display. With the increased focus on domestic production, the Made in USA area is a can’t-miss stop! Additionally, products in the running for the American Manufacturing Awards, can also be found here. The program is sponsored by Made in USA Brand and GBQ Partners and features the best products that reflect American manufacturing excellence in design, quality and innovation. The Made in USA display is located in the Central Hall lobby.
- New Product World: In New Product World, attendees will discover the newest innovations, products released in the last 12 months and trends across all product categories. New Product World displays are located in boththe Central and North Halls. Winners (in each category) for the NHS Awards program, which are selected by Channel Leaders (VIP Buyers) as well as Press/Media, will be announced on Wednesday, May 8 starting at 2:30 p.m. on the NRHA Village Stage located in the Central Lobby.
- New Product Launch:The exciting New Product Launch display features products across a variety of categories that have not yet hit the market, have no pre-negotiations, no pre-sales or exclusives! The New Product Launch display is located in the Central Hall lobby.
There’s Still Time to Register!
Registration for the 2019 Show is now open and members of the industry, retailers, as well as members of the press, are encouraged to sign up now and experience everything that the National Hardware Show has to offer. Registration for buyers and retailers is free at www.nationalhardwareshow.com. Eligible and credentialed members of the media can apply for press registration status here.
For more information and to stay informed on the latest updates to this year’s National Hardware Show, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com.
About the National Hardware Show®
The National Hardware Show® celebrates a rich history spanning nearly 75 years of serving the home improvement marketplace. From its early beginnings in New York during the post-World War 2 housing boom and eventual move to Chicago in the 1970s, to today’s current location in Las Vegas, NHS continually evolves through the industry’s involvement, commitment and passion to improving America’s quality of life through their homes. Today, NHS is the place for global manufacturers, associations, organizations and the media to get an unfiltered view of the industry, hands-on experiences, and access to the latest innovations and retail trends to enhance their business. For more information on the National Hardware Show, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com.