Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- In Key West, Florida, there’s an annual contest for the best look-alike of what famous former Key West resident?
- What topical medication is used to treat both acne and wrinkles?
- What member of Parliament-Funkadelic went by the nickname the “Wizard of Woo”?
- The Devil Wears Prada was a thinly veiled take on working for the editor of Vogue magazine by a former assistant to the editor. Likewise, the 2007 novel Because She Can, a roman a clef about the book publishing world, focused on one divisive figure in particular. Who was it?
- The creator of the television show I Dream of Jeannie went on to become one of the best-selling novelists of all time. What was his name?
This Week’s Answers:
- Ernest Hemingway. The 2016 contest was worn by someone with the surname Hemingway, but he wasn’t related to the real “Papa.”
- Retin-A. Its generic name is tretinoin.
- Bernie Worrell. The classically trained keyboardist was also an honorary member of the Talking Heads.
- Judith Regan, the publisher of many tell-alls and other attention-grabbing works. The book’s author, Bridie Clark, had been an employee of Regan’s.
- Sidney Sheldon. There are over 300 million of his books in print.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”