Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What is the name of the fictional hotel where The Shining takes place?
- What athlete was originally named Lew Alcindor?
- In the game Settlers of Catan, what is Catan?
- What are aglets?
- What is the name of the greenish layer that forms on copper, bronze, and brass when the metal is exposed to moisture?
This Week’s Answers:
- The Overlook Hotel. It is said to have been inspired by a real place, the Stanley Hotel in Colorado.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. The basketball star changed his name to honor his conversion to Islam.
- An island. Explorers must compete to build settlements that will grow into cities.
- The plastic or metal coverings on the ends of shoelaces.
- Verdigris patina (“Verdigris” is the color and “patina” is the layer). This is what makes the Statue of Liberty green (its original color was copper brown).
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”