Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Which American First Lady wrote a syndicated newspaper column titled “My Day,” in which she shared her thoughts on social and political issues?
- What was Charles Dickens’s first novel?
- Who invented the piccolo trumpet?
- What is the real name of the superhero known as Deadpool?
- What does sesquipedalian mean?
This Week’s Answers:
- Eleanor Roosevelt. She wrote the column six days a week from 1935 to 1962.
- The Pickwick Papers (also known as The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club). The book was published serially in 1836 and 1837 under Dickens’s pen name, Boz.
- Victor-Charles Mahillon, a Belgian instrument maker. The piccolo trumpet is pitched higher than a regular trumpet.
- Wade Wilson. Wade is portrayed by Ryan Reynolds in the Deadpool films.
- Prone to using long words.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”