Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- How much is actress Julia Roberts’s smile insured for?
- What major city began in ancient times as a settlement called Lutetia?
- When was the United Nations formed?
- Who reportedly buffed the axe used by Jack Nicholson in Stanley Kubrick’s classic horror movie The Shining? (Hint: It’s someone who later became very famous)
- What does the anatomical term pollex refer to?
This Week’s Answers:
- $30 million. She isn’t the only celebrity to insure a physical attribute: Mariah Carey’s legs are reportedly insured for $35 million!
- Paris. Gallo-Romans founded the settlement that eventually evolved into the city of Paris.
- Although President Franklin D. Roosevelt coined the name “United Nations” in 1942, the organization officially came into existence in October 1945, when representatives from many countries gathered in San Francisco and put together the United Nations charter.
- Simon Cowell. Before becoming a media mogul, Cowell worked as a runner at London’s Elstree Studios, where The Shining was filmed.
- The innermost digit of a forelimb–aka the thumb.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”