Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What famous actor was offered the chance to voice the character of Cogsworth in the 1991 Disney animated film Beauty and the Beast but turned it down in favor of a voice role in An American Tail: Fievel Goes West?
- Who was the last of the Stuart monarchs to rule England?
- How can you tell the difference between a monkey and an ape?
- Where in the world can you find the ruins of the ancient Mayan city known as Chichén Itzá, which includes a stepped pyramid called El Castillo?
- In the 1960s, the US Central Intelligence Agency cooked up a plan called Project Acoustic Kitty. What was Project Acoustic Kitty?
This Week’s Answers:
- John Cleese, who voices Cat R. Waul in An American Tail. David Ogden Stiers ended up voicing Cogworth.
- Queen Anne (1665-1714). In the popular 2019 film The Favourite, Queen Anne is played by actor Olivia Coleman.
- Most monkeys have tails, while apes do not.
- Mexico’s Yucatán peninsula. Chichén Itzá was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1988.
- An attempt to turn cats into spies.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”