Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- In the John Wick movies, who plays the titular character?
- Dr. Seuss was once challenged by a publisher to write a book using only words from a vocabulary list of 348 words that a first grader would know. Dr. Seuss rose to the challenge. What book did this challenge inspire?
- What is the difference between a Broadway show and an Off-Broadway show?
- In ancient Olympic Games, the pentathlon was a five-event contest, including the long jump, running, wrestling, javelin throwing, and discus throwing. A modern version of the pentathlon debuted at the 1912 Olympics. What are the five events in a modern pentathlon?
- Where in the world can you find Antelope Canyon?
This Week’s Answers:
- Keanu Reeves, who is also known for playing (among many other roles) Neo in the Matrix films.
- The Cat in the Hat. There are only 236 unique words in the book.
- The terms refer simply to the number of seats in the theater. A theater with more than 500 seats is considered Broadway; a theater with between 100 and 499 seats is Off-Broadway; and a theater with less than 99 seats is Off-Off-Broadway.
- Fencing, horse riding, swimming, running, and pistol shooting.
- Page, Arizona. Antelope Canyon is one of the most popular slot canyons in the American Southwest; however, because of the flash flood danger, the canyon can only be explored as part of a guided tour.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”