Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- According to the Guinness World Records, who holds the record for spinning a plate on a finger for the longest amount of time?
- In San Francisco’s Mission District, there is an unusual movie theater created by Laurie O’Brien in 2013. What is unique about the theater?
- Betty White is one of four actors to star in the hit sitcom Golden Girls. Who are the other three actors?
- In DC Comics, what is the name of Superman‘s father from the planet Krypton?
- Greek mathematician Pythagoras discovered a geometrical property that has since become known as the Pythagorean Theorem. What was his discovery?
This Week’s Answers:
- Himanshu Gupta, who spun a plate on his finger for 1 hour, 10 minutes, and 39 seconds on December 18, 2016, in Bangalore, India.
- Known as the Peephole Cinema, the “theater” is a small hole in an exterior wall in the Mission District.
- Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, and Bea Arthur. The show aired from 1985 to 1992.
- Jor-El. Superman was given the name of Kal-El at birth but became Clark Kent when he was raised on Earth.
- The sum of the squares of the lengths of each of a right triangle’s legs is equal to the square of the length of that triangle’s hypotenuse (longest side).
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”