Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What famous novel opens with the following line? “It was a bright day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.”
- What is a borborygmus? (Hint: It’s something that happens inside your body.)
- Which country’s flag features a quetzal bird holding a scroll?
- What is the term for a group of giraffes?
- What ancient Egyptian god was depicted with a jackal head?
This Week’s Answers:
- George Orwell’s 1984. First published in 1949, the book imagines a futuristic dystopia set in the year 1984.
- A gurgling noise in the intestines, caused by the movement of gas and fluids.
- Guatemala. The scroll says “Libertad 15 de Septiembre de 1821,” referring to when the country achieved independence from Spanish rule.
- Tower–as in, “a tower of giraffes crossed the savanna.” A typical tower consists of about 10 to 20 giraffes.
- Anubis, the god of death and embalming. Jackals were often sighted in cemeteries, hence their association with the god of death.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”