AMERICAJR ONLINE NETWORK: COACH'S CORNER PRO SHOP - SAND CREEK RECORDS - AMERICAJR ONLINE

DETROIT, MICHIGAN USA << >> LIVE STOCK TICKER

OUR HOMEPAGE

<< NEWS >>
Current News Index
Local News
National News
Pictures (NEW)
Meet the Web Team
<< SPORTS >>
Current Sports Index
Schedules/Results
NHL Hockey
NFL/NCAA Football
NBA/NCAA Basketball
Sports Pictures
<< WEATHER >>
Weather Index
U.S. Forecasts
World Forecasts
Weather Links
<< TRIVIA >>
Trivia Questions from "Page-A-Day"
ENTERTAINMENT
Entertainment Index
New Movie Releases
New CD Releases
Video Game Reviews
Movie Reviews
TV Award Shows
Detroit Concert Listing
Restaurant Reviews
<< GUESTBOOK >>
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
< OUR HISTORY >
Check out our history
<< CONTESTS >>
Win Great Prizes!!
<< SITEMAP >>
Listing of Every Page
<< COPYRIGHT >>
Copyright © 2000-2002 AmericaJR@yahoo.com. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized duplication or use of Text, Site Template, Graphics and or Site Design is Prohibited by Federal and International laws. Please read my Notice/Disclaimer.  
2004 Detroit Auto Show
New Car Reviews

Ford Introduces the "Five Hundred"

by Jason Rzucidlo

The Ford Five Hundred is another of Ford’s six new cars that they are displaying at this year’s North American International Auto Show.

Don’t be confused, this car does not have a 500 horsepower engine. The Five Hundred boasts a 6-speed engine with 200 horsepower. The engine is called the Duratec 30.

When I first saw this car, I thought Taurus. It is actually 5 inches longer than the Ford Taurus. The Ford Five Hundred was built to compete with the Chevrolet Impala.

Joen Vulcan from Sweden was the Chief Engineer of the Ford Five Hundred. He said, “It will be priced above $20,000. It will be produced starting in 2004 and look for it by the third quarter of the year.”

Vulcan added, “It has folding seats for the trunk. There are two. One is 60% and the other is 40% of the back seat. It has a 19-gallon gas tank.”

The front seats of this new car are four inches higher than other cars this size. The back seats are even higher up. It has the most legroom out of all the mid-size cars on the market. The trunk is 50% larger than other cars and is a foot longer.

Volvo became very successful when they first introduced the concept of all-wheel drive. The Ford Five Hundred has the exact same technology. The rear-wheel drive goes into effect after the front-wheels go out.

The Ford Five Hundred comes in three levels. The first level is the SE which is the least-expensive. In the middle, there is the SEL model which offers a message center, a leather steering wheel and a premium sound system. The expensive livel is the Limited. It has heated exterior mirrors and heated seats in the front row.

Look for the Ford Five Hundred to hit dealerships by the Fall of 2003. It is proving to be quite the competition in the fast-growing car market.

BACK TO THE 2004 DETROIT AUTO SHOW INDEX

 

AN AMERICAJR.COM EXCLUSIVE PUBLISHED ON 1/8/04.

Copyright © 2000-2002 AmericaJR@yahoo.com. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized duplication or use of Text, Site Template, Graphics and or Site Design is Prohibited by Federal and International laws. Please read my Notice/Disclaimer.

AMERICAJR ONLINE NETWORK: COACH'S CORNER PRO SHOP - SAND CREEK RECORDS - AMERICAJR ONLINE