This week’s questions:
1) How many years after their first date did David Letterman marry longtime girlfriend Regina Lasko?
2) What trademark-protected English cheese can only be produced in three adjacent countries?
3) In the Harriet Beecher Stowe classic Uncle Tom’s Cabin, what ice-choked river does the slave Eliza flee across with her son Harry?
4) What triggered the first recorded student protest in U.S. history?
5) When do observant Muslims eat their meals during Ramadan, the monthlong period of inner reflection, fasting, and prayer?
This week’s answers:
1) 23 years. They began dating in 1986 and married in 2009.
2) Blue Stilton. By law its production is limited to six dairies in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, and Leicestershire.
3) The Ohio River.
4) Sour butter served in Harvard University’s dining rooms in 1766.
5) Before dawn and after sunset daily. The morning meal is called the suhoor; the evening meal, the iftar.
Source: Page-A-Day / Workman Publishing