This week’s questions:
- The last chapter of what famous novel begins with the sentence, “Reader, I married him”?
- When it comes to 21st-century hairstyles, what celebrity popularized the Fauxhawk? How about the Pob?
- What famous astronomer proved the existence of galaxies other than the Milky Way?
- Words from what Beatles classic were tattooed on Charlie Pace’s left shoulder on the popular TV dramatic series Lost?
- After what famous baseball player did comedian Woody Allen name a son and filmmaker Spike Lee name a daughter?
This week’s answers:
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte.
- The Fauxhawk, soccer great David Beckham; the Pob, his wife, former Spice Girl Victoria “Posh” Beckham.
- Edwin Hubble, in 1924.
- “Strawberry Fields Forever.” The words seen during the course of the series were “Living is easy with eyes closed.” In the final episode, the rest of the line appears: “misunderstanding all you see.”
- Satchel Paige, the legendary Hall of Fame pitcher. After splitting with Allen, actress Mia Farrow changed their son’s name to Seamus. Lee’s daughter’s name remains Satchel.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”