This week’s questions:
- What is the standard distance between rails on U.S. railroads?
- What is the only insect known to have just one ear?
- How many teeth are on standard beer bottle caps?
- What popular TV sitcom character was known for his malaprops, including “Well, good-bye and good ribbons”?
- What makes a glass of Champagne fizz?
This week’s answers:
- 4 feet 8 1/2 inches
- The praying mantis. Its ear, which has two eardrums, is capable of picking up ultrasonic sounds, which is essential in detecting the echolocation cries of the bat, one of its biggest predators.
- Archie Bunker, on All in the Family.
- Dust particles and dish towel fibers inside the Champagne glass, according to scientists at the University of Reims, in Champagne-Ardenne, France.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”