Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR. Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- What actor was originally supposed to play the lead role of Christian Grey in the 50 Shades of Grey movie adaptation, but backed out before filming began?
- “It was red and yellow and green and brown, and scarlet and black and ochre and peach…” What item are these words describing?
- Who were Betty Grissom, Rene Carpenter, Louise Shepard, Trudy Cooper, Marjorie Slayton, Jo Schirra, and Annie Glenn?
- Buyer & Cellar is a fictionalized play about a shopkeeper who works in a private underground shop. Which superstar’s shops, located on her Malibu estate, inspired the playwright?
- What Irish novelist won the Man Booker Prize for The Sea, the Sea?
This week’s answers:
- Charlie Hunnam. He reconsidered due to scheduling conflicts–and nerves. The role eventually went to Jamie Dornan.
- Joseph’s amazing technicolor dreamcoat, as told by the lyrics to “Jacob & Sons” in the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
- They were the wives of the Mercury Seven, the group of astronauts selected by NASA in 1959 for the first phase of the American space race.
- Barbra Streisand.
- Iris Murdoch. She wrote 26 novels in her lifetime.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”