Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- In Beverly Cleary’s Ramona books, what is the name of Ramona Quimby’s older sister?
- At the nuptials of Lucrezia Borgia, daughter of Pope Alexander VI, and Alfonso d’Este, the Duke of Ferrara, guests consumed 260 pounds of what now-common wedding favor?
- What is the name of the currency used in Croatia?
- Jeanette Jerome was born in Brooklyn, New York, on January 9, 1854. Who was her famous son?
- What product did Dr. Earle Cleveland Haas patent in 1933, after designing it using cotton and some paper tubes he had lying around?
This Week’s Answers:
- Beezus, which was short for Beatrice.
- Jordan Almonds. The snack, which combines bitter and sweet, first gained popularity in the 15th century.
- The kuna. It was introduced in 1994, and banknotes feature pictures of notable Croatians.
- British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, who was very proud of being half American.
- The first commercial tampon and applicator, known as Tampax.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”